Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bedtime Stories from CPAC - Sarah Palin Style


Still clip from official CPAC video.
PPPS (National Harbor, MD)--Governor Sarah Palin woke up some sleepy conservatives yesterday, even as she told a bedtime story to close out the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

Her speech was peppered with great Palin-style one-liners, and perhaps a smidgeon of sarcasm, as she brought the audience repeatedly to their feet.

Recalling Senator Ted Cruz's reading to his daughters on the Senate floor from Dr. Zeus' Green Eggs and Ham, Palin added a few new verses:
I do not like this Uncle Sam.
I do not like his healthcare scam.

I do not like these dirty crooks,
or how they lie and cook the books.

I do not like when Congress steals.
I do not like their crony deals.

I do not like this spy'n man.
I do not like 'Oh yes we can.'

I do not like this spending spree.
We're smart. We know.  There's nothing free.

I do not like reporters' smug replies,
when I complain about their lies.

I do not like this kind of hope.
And we won't take it....
Nope,
           Nope,
                       Nope!
                     
View from the Press Gallery as Sarah Palin speaks.
After referring to President Obama's remaining time in office as "the end of an error," Palin said he is now the "lamest of lame ducks."

She then went on to lambast President Obama for his "wobbly" and weak foreign policy, in particular towards Russia and President Vladimir Putin's expansionist incursion into Ukraine. But then, she quickly apologized, stating "I'm sorry. But really, I'm probably being too hard on the President. After all, who could'a seen this coming?"

But Palin's pokes were not exclusively reserved for Obama and other Democrats. Speaking of the 2010 election, which brought the Republicans back to power in the House of Representatives and in state legislatures and governors' mansions across the land, Palin reminded some in the GOP establishment that "you didn't build that........the Tea Party did!" and implied that the broom that will be sweeping in 2014 may pick up some dust on both sides of the aisle.

It was a memorable speech, and we have to admit that we caught some of the normally fair, balanced and objective PPPS staff applauding or standing at times.

Here is Sarah Palin's full speech. For those with a short attention span, or just looking for a bedtime story, that starts at about minute 12:00. Enjoy.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but keep it clean. Pious Pete will be monitoring.